ARMY ROTC ON-CAMPUS SCHOLARSHIPS
Army ROTC campus-based scholarships consist of:
- Two-, three-year scholarship options based on the time remaining to complete your degree
- Full-tuition scholarships
- The option for room and board in place of tuition, if you should qualify
- Additional allowances for books and fees
- Ask about our Nurse Scholarships at WSSU (https://www.wssu.edu/admissions/programs/nursing.html)
Army ROTC Monthly Stipend of $420 per month
- This allowance is also available to all non-scholarship Cadets who are contracted in the Army ROTC Program
ARMY ROTC SCHOLARSHIPS FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
The 4-year High School Scholarship is for high school students planning on attending a four-year college program. Contact your high school academic advisor or campus Military Science department for more information.
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be between the ages of 17 and 26
- Have a high school GPA of at least 2.50
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Score a minimum of 1000 on the SAT (math/verbal) or 19 on the ACT (excluding the required writing test scores)
- Meet Army Physical Fitness standards
- Agree to accept a commission and serve in the Army on Active Duty or in a Reserve Component (Army Reserve or Army National Guard)
- An eight-year service obligation with the U.S. Army
- Serve full time in the Active Duty component for a minimum of four years
- The remainder of the service obligation may be completed on Active Duty, part-time in the Army National Guard or U.S. Army Reserves, or Inactive Ready Reserves
- Selected Cadets may choose to serve part time in the Army Reserve or Army National Guard while pursuing a civilian career
- Upon graduation agree to complete a minimum of 6-years of service in the Army Reserves or National Guard and the remainder of the service obligation may be completed in the Inactive Ready Reserve
If you are applying for a scholarship, you first will need to create a MY GOARMY account. Once you create an account, you will be sent to the MY GOARMY log-in page. Once you can successfully login to MY GOARMY, you can use your newly created account information to login to the scholarship application site.
- To apply for the ROTC Scholarship, an application must be started by 04 February 2019 @ 1159pm EST.
- If you have started an application by 04 February 2019, you have until 04 March 2019 @ 1159pm EST to complete your application.
- To appear before a Selection Board to be considered for a scholarship, applicants must submit a completed application, including the PMS interview, by 1159pm EST on one of the below “Document Submission Deadlines.”
Document Submission Deadline Selection Board Convene Dates
|1st High School Board||1st High School Board|
|29 September 2018||15-19 October 2018|
|2nd High School Board||2nd High School Board|
|28 December 2018||7-11 January 2019|
|3rd High School Board||3rd High School Board|
|04 March 2019||18-22 March 2019|
NOTE: Applicants who were previously boarded but not selected to receive a scholarship, can continue to submit documents to increase their chance for selection. However, all application updates must be SUBMITTED no later than 04 March 2019 @ 1159pm EST to be considered for a scholarship during the final board that convenes on 18-22 March 2019.
Watch the Official ROTC YouTube video for help with the application process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV_kgAj98HE