We are committed to combining the practice of art and the study
of art history in order to foster an understanding of the complex potential of visual communication and culture. Our mission »
Many careers require the kind of careful observational and analytical skills integral to art practice and study.
Studying art at Wake Forest can prepare you for a career that combines the study of art with a wide variety of other interests.
- ART 231 class to re-broadcast nationally on C-Span 3 on Sunday, October 14 October 10, 2018
Professor David Lubin’s ART 231 class RE-AIRS this Sunday, October 14 at noon ET on C-SPAN 3.
- Professor Morna O’Neill to talk at the Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, London, December 5 October 10, 2018
Professor Morna O’Neill will discuss her research and new book, Hugh Lane The Art Market and the Art Museum, 1893–1915. Paul Mellon Centre, London, Dec 5, 6:00–8:30pm
- Professor David Finn, Scotland Lectures October 2018 October 01, 2018
Professor David Finn will be presenting two talks on his work in Scotland, the first is “Preface to ‘Shadow Citizens’” in which he will present his artwork and ideas on people who are living on ...
- Professor Joel Tauber Recent Projects October 01, 2018
Associate Professor Joel Tauber’s new project, UNDERWATER, brings environmentalism, trance music, and mysticism together. In a 7-channel video installation that’s also an operatic disco, Tauber sings about pollution and global warming like ...
- Professor Morna O’Neill’s new book, Hugh Lane The Art Market and the Art Museum, 1893–1915 October 01, 2018
Professor Morna O’Neill’s new book published by Yale University Press, Hugh Lane The Art Market and the Art Museum, 1893–1915, charts a geography of the art market and the art museum in ...
- New exhibition curated by students presented at Reynolda House October 01, 2018
The student-curated exhibition was inspired, in part, by Reynolda House’s major fall exhibition opening Sept. 14, “Dorothea Lange’s America,” which presents Lange’s haunting photographs of 1930s and 1940s America and features some of the most ...
- Department of Art Newsletter | Fall 2018 October 01, 2018
Nothing from October 20, 2018 to October 21, 2018.
October 24, 201812:00 pm-1:00 pmThe Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art, 750 Marguerite Dr, Winston-Salem, NC 27106, USA
October 25, 20186:00 pm-8:00 pmThe Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art, 750 Marguerite Dr, Winston-Salem, NC 27106, USA
October 29, 2018 - December 21, 2018Charlotte and Philip Hanes Art Gallery, 1834 Wake Forest Rd #113, Winston-Salem, NC 27109, USA