We are committed to combining the practice of art and the study
of art history in order to foster an understanding of the complex potential of visual communication and culture. Our mission »
Many careers require the kind of careful observational and analytical skills integral to art practice and study.
Studying art at Wake Forest can prepare you for a career that combines the study of art with a wide variety of other interests.
- The Golden Age of Ski Resorts, Retired professor Peggy Smith explores the evolution of ski resorts in a new book October 10, 2013She presents a compelling case that ski resorts are a distinctly American type of architecture and one worthy of study. It’s just what you’d expect from Smith: to draw you into something and leave you captivated.»
- Finding the next Picasso: Wake Forest students head to NYC for spring break art-buying trip March 11, 2013Over spring break, seven students will be visiting art galleries in New York City to select works of art for the University’s Student Union Collection of Contemporary Art.»
- Flash Video Mobs! October 01, 2012Joel Tauber’s students from “Video Art: Cyberspace” recently presented their multi-channel video projects at sites (of their choosing) all over town that comment on their projects in some way. Flash video mobs!!! And, they were awesome!!! You can check them out on the Wake Forest Video Art YouTube Site, where you will also see links ...
- Tuesday, Apr. 1, 2014Tuesday, Apr. 1, 2014 - Sunday, Apr. 27, 2014START Gallery
- Thursday, Apr. 24, 2014Thursday, Apr. 24, 2014 - Tuesday, May. 20, 2014Charlotte and Philip Hanes Art Gallery
- Thursday, Apr. 24, 2014Thursday, Apr. 24, 2014 - Saturday, May. 3, 2014Charlotte and Philip Hanes Art GalleryStudio art honors exhibition by senior studio art major Kelsey Zalimeni...
- Thursday, Apr. 24, 2014Thursday, Apr. 24, 20145:00 pm-7:00 pmCharlotte and Philip Hanes Art GalleryExhibition will feature artwork by Wake Forest University undergraduate student artists selected by a jury of studio art faculty. Included works often represent a variety of media including painting, prints, drawings, sculpture, photography, video, and...