The duty of all faculty members is the commitment to the Teacher-Scholar ideal.
- Excellent teaching at all levels, student engagement, and advising.
- Advancing the frontiers of knowledge through nationally/internationally recognized research, scholarship, interdisciplinary activities and/or creative work.
- Involvement of students in research, scholarly or creative work and/or academically-oriented service learning, community-based research, civic engagement, and experiential learning.
- Active participation in the governance and life of the program, department, college, and university.
- Active, consistent, and extensive presence on campus (and/or at campus-related or research facilities) and regular face-to-face availability to students and colleagues.