Undergraduate Enrollment in Graduate Courses

In exceptional circumstances, undergraduate students may enroll in Wake Forest graduate-level courses; these are 600- and 700-level courses. Such students must have junior or senior status and must obtain written permission from the course instructor, the student’s adviser, and the Associate Dean for Academic Advising. Many 600-level courses have an equivalent 300-level course. Typically, undergraduate students will not be allowed to receive 600-level (graduate) credit if an equivalent 300-level (undergraduate) class is available. Undergraduate students who wish to take a 300/600-designated course and receive graduate level credit must follow the procedure described above. Instructors in 600-level or 700-level classes have no obligation to admit undergraduate students to their courses and do so at their own discretion.