You are invited to explore the wealth of information here on our website in order to get a better idea of the wealth of opportunities and accomplishments that define the Chemistry Department at Wake Forest. We have a strong tradition of intensive teaching and wide-ranging research in the fundamentals of the field.
By recognizing the dynamic nature of science, the Chemistry Department aims to lead in undergraduate and graduate education and in research opportunities that extend beyond the traditional boundaries of chemistry. In this pursuit, our faculty, staff and students alike are committed to developing and using their creativity and critical thinking skills to achieve excellence in inquiry, discovery, application, and service. The department’s collegial spirit of respect and cooperation underlies and facilitates the many truly outstanding contributions to education and chemical research that we boast. In the words of Primo Levi,
“We are chemists… We are here for this – to make mistakes and to correct ourselves, to stand the blows and hand them out. We must never feel disarmed: nature is immense and complex, but it is not impermeable to the intelligence; we must circle around it, pierce and probe it, look for the opening or make it.” (Levi, The Periodic Table, p.75).
The Chemistry Department at Wake Forest welcomes you and will help you to “circle around nature” and to find or make your own openings. Opportunity awaits….
Upcoming Chemistry Events and Seminars
- September 3, 2014
- Seminar - Mike GrossStarts: 4:00 pm, Ends:5:00 pmLocation: Salem Hall, Room 10
- September 9, 2014
- Last Day to Add a Course
- September 10, 2014
- Seminar - Aaron MohsStarts: 4:00 pm, Ends:5:00 pmLocation: Salem Hall, Room 10
- September 17, 2014
- Seminar - TBAStarts: 4:00 pm, Ends:5:00 pmLocation: Salem Hall, Room 10
- September 24, 2014
- Seminar - Tomas Diaz de la RubiaStarts: 4:00 pm, Ends:5:00 pmLocation: Salem Hall, Room 10
- September 30, 2014
- Last Day to Drop a Course
- October 1, 2014
- Seminar - Vicente TalenquerStarts: 4:00 pm, Ends:5:00 pmLocation: Salem Hall, Room 10
- October 8, 2014
- Seminar - Jiyoung HongStarts: 4:00 pm, Ends:5:00 pmLocation: Salem Hall, Room 10