Study Abroad

Chinese and Japanese majors are required to spend a semester studying abroad. Under special circumstances, a student may substitute an approved intensive immersion program in the U.S. for the study abroad requirement. Study abroad is highly recommended but not required of minors.


Study Abroad in China

For additional study abroad programs in China, please contact the Center for International Studies .


Study Abroad in Japan

Kansai Gaidai University

The WFU program in Japan is located at Kansai Gaidai University in Hirakata, near Kyoto, Osaka, and Kobe. The university enrolls 14,000 students annually and has an international student population of over 400. All international students are enrolled in the Asian Studies Program, which is designed to provide international students with a means of exploring Japan and Asian studies through classroom instruction and interaction with Japanese people. Students are required to take a Japanese language course, and may choose from a variety of courses in areas such as Business, Economics, Social Sciences, and Humanities, and the Arts. The courses are taught in English by Kansai Gaidai faculty.

For further information on the WFU Kansai Gaidai Program, please consult the Center for International Studies website.