Graduate FAQ


  1. Can I study elementary education?
    Yes!  We do have a graduate program in elementary education.  Beginning in Fall, 2016, we  offer both initial Master Teacher Fellows (MTF) and advanced Master Teacher Associates (MTA) in Elementary Education.  Both are fully accredited.
  2. How do I apply?
    Online applications are available at the Graduate School website. They are due on January 15. You will also need GRE scores, undergraduate transcripts, recommendation letters, and your statement of purpose.*
  3. Which GRE test should I take?
    You should take the general test which has three parts, Verbal, Quantitative, and Analytical Writing.
  4. Will I need to contact ACTFL for an Oral Proficiency Interview prior to application to the program?
    *If you are applying to the MTF program in the Foreign Language content area, then yes. All other programs (including MTAs, undergraduates and MTFs in other content areas) do not need to contact ACTFL.
  5. Where do graduates of this program find teaching jobs?
    You may view a listing of recent graduates.
  6. What kinds of social opportunities are available in Winston-Salem?
    There is an active Graduate Student Association which regularly sponsors social activities.