The printer in A10 provides a place for students to print items for class at no charge to the student. However, please remember that the paper, toner and upkeep of the printer still cost the department real money, so please print only what you need! In the past, when printing started getting out of ocntrol, the Department was forced to implement a quota system for printing, and if it becomes a problem again, we will have to do that again.
If you need assistance turning a file into an Acrobat PDF so you can read it on your computer, please contact your adviser in the Education Department, and they will be glad to help you find the resources you need.
Installing the printer:
- You must be connected to the campus network, directly or through VPN.
- Your computer must be a WFU-issued computer. (Your computer mist be a member of the Deacnet domain.)
- Click the Start button, then click Run. (You can also hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and tap R.)
- Type in \\print\triba10 and click OK.
- If you get a prompt which asks if you trust the printer, click ‘Install Driver’ to continue.
- One of two things will happen: A) you will see the print queue, indicating the printer is installed and you are ready or B) you’ll receive an error. In most cases, an error indicates that you are not properly connected to the campus network. (Try restarting your computer and trying again.)
If you have any trouble getting connected to the printer, contact your adviser in the Education Department, the Service Desk (x4357), or Robert Vidrine (x3954 or email@example.com).