Awards Nominations for Faculty Fellowships and College Faculty Awards must come from the Department Chair, Program Director, or other senior faculty in consultation with the Department Chair. Call for Nominations will be sent from the Dean’s Office.
- Reinhardt Teaching Award Nomination and Selection Process ( Senior Faculty Teaching Award)
Nominations are solicited annually from alumni of the class that graduated at least 10 years or more prior to the year of the award. Nomination letters are received by the Associate Dean for Faculty Development. A committee comprised of all previous award winners and representatives from the Office of the Dean of the College reviews the nominations and makes a selection. Winners are announced at spring convocation.
- Reid Doyle Teaching Award Nomination Guidelines and Selection Process ( Junior Faculty Teaching Award)Nominations for the Reid Doyle Teaching Award are submitted by chairs, program directors, or senior faculty (with chair approval) from within the nominee’s department or program. Chairs should consult the senior faculty in their departments to confer about nominations. Nominations are limited to one nominee per department per round.Nominations should include:
- A letter written or endorsed by the chair (maximum 3 pages);
- Nominee’s CV;
- A brief description of how teaching is evaluated in the department;
- Excerpted highlights from narrative comments from student evaluations (no more than 2 pages);
- Evidence that peer or chair evaluation of teaching materials (syllabi, assignments, quizzes, exams, etc.) confirms that course requirements are suitably demanding and grading is sufficiently rigorous;
- Quantitative summaries of student evaluations, if available.
Nominations are submitted to the Associate Dean for Faculty Development. A committee comprised of all previous award winners and representatives from the Office of the Dean of the College reviews the nominations and makes a selection. Winners are announced at spring convocation.
- Advising Award (Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Advising)
- Schoonmaker Prize ( Award for Community Service)
- Excellence in Research Award ( Junior Faculty Award for Scholarship)
- Hubert McNeill Poteat Award ( Senior Faculty Award for Scholarship)