Teacher - Scholar
Outstanding teaching is a hallmark of Wake Forest University. Below is a list of resources to support faculty excellence in this area.
- Teaching and Learning Center The Teaching and Learning Center is a resource for Wake Forest faculty at all stages of their careers.
- Articles and Information on Peer and Student Evaluation of Teaching
- Final Report of the Task Force to Create a New Student Ratings Form for California State University Channel Islands (2009). This report was created by a faculty committee at Cal State Channel Islands. It provides useful information for developing teaching evaluations and for wording questions on those evaluations.
- Report from the National Research Council on Evaluating Teaching in the STEM disciplines, from the Committee on Recognizing, Evaluating, Rewarding, and Developing Excellence in Teaching of Undergraduate Science, Mathematics, Engineering, and Technology (2004).
- Opinion Pieces and Editorials on College Teaching
- It’s Not a Zero-Sum Game. A Chronicle of Higher Education article written by Mathew H. Gendle (Elon University, North Carolina) that discusses the interaction between teaching and scholarship (2008).
- Undergraduate Bulletin
- Information for New Faculty – A quick guide to items referenced in the Undergraduate Bulletin including grades, grading policies, and exam information. Bulletin pages are referenced for your convenience.