The ThinkPad Distribution and Training 2014 is now underway. This year the new ThinkPad models are the Lenovo X1 Carbon and the Lenovo Yoga convertible with the Windows 8 operating system and Office 2013.
You may schedule an exchange date through the Professional Development Center (PDC) Web site using one of the links below to select your preferred distribution and training date to register.
2014 ThinkPad exchange and training dates for returning faculty and academic staff
(link to PDC site to allow eligible faculty and staff to sign up)
2014 New Faculty Technology Orientation sessions
(link to PDC site to allow faculty who are new to WFU to sign up)
On the morning before your distribution / training date you must drop off your current ThinkPad at The Bridge located in the Z. Smith Reynolds Library for data transfer to the new computer. ThinkPad pick-up and training will take place at the University Corporate Center (UCC) at 1100 Reynolds Boulevard.
Be sure to prepare for your exchange by moving the allocated amount of your userdata that you would like to have transferred by following the instructions found here. As always, be sure to BACK UP your data on your current ThinkPad prior to turning in your old ThinkPad at the IS Bridge.
The new Technology Resources Agreement must be signed digitally online in WIN prior to being issued your new ThinkPad. Paper copies of the agreement will not be available at distribution / training. Follow these instructions to digitally sign the agreement:
- Go to WIN and log in with your Wake Forest University username and password.
- After logging in, you will see the ‘Today’ page. Click on the ‘Personal’ link.
- On the ‘Personal’ page select ‘WFU Agreements’. This link can be found under the ‘WFU Agreements’ heading.
- Under Category, select “Information Systems’ Digital Agreements”.
- Under Agreements, select ‘Technology Resources Agreement 20130530a’
- Read the agreement carefully. After reading the agreement, submit your digital signature by clicking ‘Sign Agreement’.
Users of Windows 8 and Microsoft Office 2013 benefit from using a Microsoft Account. It is recommended that you create a Microsoft Account prior to receiving your new computer.