ThinkPad X1 Carbon and Helix Tablet
Helix Tablet Standard Specifications - 8 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, enhanced keyboard dock, i7 3.2 GHz CPU, 11.6″ HD+ (1920×1080) widescreen display, 2 USB3 SS ports on dock, 1 USB 2 port on tablet, MiniDP, 1 Combo Audio jack, A/G/N wireless, Bluetooth, front and rear WebCams.
X1 Carbon Standard Specifications - 8 Gb RAM, 128 Gb SSD, non-touch screen, i5 1.7 GHz CPU, 14″ HD+ (1600×900) widescreen display, 1 USB3 SS port, 1 USB 2 port (powered), MiniDP, 4-in-1 storage card reader, 1 Combo Audio jack, A/G/N wireless, Bluetooth, WebCam, 3.4 pounds
X1 Carbon Optional Upgrades
256 Gb SSD, non-touch screen, i5 1.7 GHz CPU
128 Gb SSD, touch screen, i7 3.2 GHz CPU
256 Gb SSD, touch screen, i7 3.2 GHz CPU
User Data Location
- Much faster disk performance and shorter boot time.
- Much more rugged disk, and no need to pause for the beep when suspending.
- Much thinner and lighter.
- No VGA connection – The only display port on the X1C and Helix is a mini DP port. A mini DP port cable will be placed in the classrooms for you. To connect to a external monitor or to use your X1C while traveling, you will need to purchase a mini DP to VGA, DVI, HDMI adapter.
Deacon Depot listing: StarTech com Mini DisplayPort to VGA Video Adapter White Mini DP to VGA from CDWG, Part Number 2684573, Manufacturer Info MDP2VGAW – (StarTech com)
- No Ethernet connection – To connect to a wired Ethernet port in your office, if you want the higher connection rate of a wired connection, you will need to purchase a USB to Ethernet adapter.
Deacon Depot listing: Belkin network adapter from CDWG, Part Number 2911162, Manufacturer Info B2B048 – (Belkin Cables Only)
- No CD/DVD Drive – CD/DVD drives are quickly becoming a thing of the past. If you need to use CD or DVD media, you will need to purchase a USB CD/DVD external reader device.
- New Power Adapter – The X1C and Helix have a different power connector. If you need a spare power adapter, you must purchase the new model.
- Finger Print Reader – The X1C is equipped with a finger print reader that may be configured to assist logging into the computer. See your technology support person for instructions.