The ThinkPad is preloaded with much of the software that you will need. The “core” software is listed below.
- Microsoft Office – MS Office is the default office productivity suite for the WFU campus. MS Office includes Word for document processing, Excel for spreadsheet processing, PowerPoint for multimedia and other software. (View PDC Classes)
- EndNote – Endnote is an application that allows Wake Forest users to search online bibliographic databases, organize their references, and create bibliographies automatically in Word.
- PDF Readers –
- X1 carbon, Helix, Yoga – Adobe Acrobat Reader (default) and FoxIt are installed for reading Acrobat PDF files.
- T430s – Adobe Acrobat Reader (default) and FoxIt are installed for reading Acrobat PDF files.
- T420s and T410 – Adobe Acrobat Pro and FoxIt (default) are installed for reading Acrobat PDF files.
- Cisco VPN – Cisco’s Virtual Private Network software is used to access WFU network resources (ex. fileshares, keyed software) while off campus. VPN also has the added benefit of providing a user with a “more” secure Internet experience while connected to “free” Internet access points (ex. Panera, Starbucks, hotels…). Click Here for instructions on how to start a VPN session. For those with a X1 Carbon, Yoga, or Helix, You will use the Cisco AnyConnect software for VPN
- KeyServer (Sassafras K2 Client) – Many of the software applications are very expensive and Wake Forest can only purchase a limited number of copies. The KeyServer application allows Wake Forest to purchase a few copies of an application but still grant access to the application for all campus users. To use Wake Forest keyed software, you must be connected to the DEACNET network, be using Cisco VPN while off campus, or have “checked out” the application using Sassafras KeyCheckout if you are going to be in an area without Internet access.
- Google Apps for Education
- Web Browsers – FireFox, Internet Explorer and Chrome
- Adobe Suite (not installed on T430s or later) – The Adobe suite, Photoshop, Acrobat, Illustrator, etc…, of software is no longer included on the standard load. If you need to have this software on your ThinkPad, follow the instructions found at: How to Request the Adobe Software
- Corel Suite (not installed on models earlier than the T430s) – The Corel suite of software is replacing the Adobe suite on the standard load. The Corel suite includes, Video Studio, PDF Fusion, Painter, Paint Shop Pro, Motion Studio, Draw Suite, MovieFactory, WinDVD and Burn.Now.
X1 Carbon, Helix and Yoga Clients
The following software is licensed for WFU faculty or staff, but is not installed by default on the X1 Carbon, nor the Helix. Please contact the IS Service Desk to request installation. or use Remedy – http://go.wfu.edu/x1software
Corel Website Creator
IBM SPSS Amos
IBM SPSS Statistics