Office: B305 Tribble Hall
BA (Cornell), PhD (Princeton)
Philosophy of Law, Political Philosophy, Ethics
- Simeon Ilesanmi, Wilson Parker and Win-chiat Lee eds., The Rule of Law and the Rule of God (Charlottesville: University of Virginia Press, forthcoming)
- Helen Stacy and Win-chiat Lee eds., Economic Justice: Philosophical and Legal Perspectives (Dordrecht, The Netherlands: Springer, 2012)
Articles, Book Chapters and Encyclopedia Essays:
- “The Judgeship of All Citizens: Dworkin’s Protestantism about Law” (under review)
- “Cosmopolitanism with Room for Nationalism,” Journal of Moral Philosophy 9 (2012), 279-293.
- “Contractarianism,” Encyclopedia of Global Justice (Dordrecht, the Netherlands: Springer, 2011).
- “Complex Equality,” Encyclopedia of Global Justice (Dordrecht, the Netherlands: Springer, 2011).
- “Thin Universalism and Thick Localism,” Encyclopedia of Global Justice (Dordrecht, the Netherlands: Springer, 2011).
- “International Crimes and Universal Jurisdiction,” in Larry May and Zachary Hoskins eds., International Criminal Law and Philosophy (Cambridge UK; Cambridge University Press, 2010), 15-38.
- “Terrorism and Universal Jurisdiction,” in Steven Lee ed., Intervention, Terrorism and Torture: Contemporary Challenges to Just War Theory (Dordrecht, the Netherlands: Springer, 2006), 203-217
- “Han Fei,” in Ian P. McGreal ed., Great Thinkers of the Eastern World (New York: HaperCollins, 1995), 44-49.
- “Personal Identity, the Temporality of Agency, and Moral Responsibility,” Auslegung, Vol. 16, No. 1 (Winter, 1990), 17-29
- “Statutory Interpretation and the Counterfactual Test for Legislative Intention,” Law and Philosophy, Vol. 8, no. 3 (1989), 383-403.
- David Boonin, A Defense of Abortion, Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews, 2003.04.11 (on-line).
- Ben-Ami Scharfstein, Amoral Politics: The Persistent Truth of Machiavellism, Journal of Asian and African Studies, XXXIII, 3 (August 1998), 311-312.
- Hoyt Cleveland Tillman, Confucian Discourse and Chu Hsi’s Ascendancy, Journal of Asian and African Studies, XXIX 1-2 (Januaray-April, 1994), 142-144.
- Philosophy of Law
- Global Justice
- Social and Political Philosophy
- Basic Problems of Philosophy
- First -Year Seminar: Moral Choice, Liberty and the Law