Wake Forest University offers more than 400 study abroad opportunities. We encourage our majors to engage in a study abroad experience, and close to 60 percent of our majors routinely do so. You can get credit for semester, summer, and year-long programs as well as internships abroad. The Center of International Studies is there to help you find the right program. Please seehttp://studyabroad.wfu.edu/.
As a political science major and minor, please keep in mind the following rules when you apply for a study abroad program.
Course Approval for Study Abroad
- Students must have courses approved by the department chair prior to enrolling in the course.
- They must provide a copy of the syllabus for the course that includes course requirements.
- The department expects courses to have writing requirements comparable to the ones required in departmental courses.
- Internships without a research paper component will not be approved.
- Majors may count no more than three courses taken elsewhere toward their total of 31 hours.
- Minors may count no more than one course taken elsewhere toward their total of 18 hours.
The American Political Science Association provides useful information on opportunities for research, study, and teaching abroad: http://www.apsanet.org/content_3153.cfm