Wake Forest University offers more than 400 study abroad opportunities. We encourage our majors to engage in a study abroad experience, and close to 60 percent of our majors routinely do so. You can get credit for semester, summer, and year-long programs as well as internships abroad. The Center for Global Programs and Studies is there to help you find the right program. Please see studyabroad.wfu.edu.
As a political science major and minor, please keep in mind the following rules when you apply for a study abroad program.
Course Approval for Study Abroad
- Students must have courses approved by the department chair prior to enrolling in the course.
- They must provide a copy of the syllabus for the course that includes course requirements.
- The department expects courses to have writing requirements comparable to the ones required in departmental courses.
- Internships without a research paper component will not be approved.
- Majors may count no more than three courses taken elsewhere toward their total of 31 hours.
- Minors may count no more than one course taken elsewhere toward their total of 18 hours.
For study abroad information from the Center for Global Programs and Studies, visit studyabroad.wfu.edu.