An Invitation from Theatre & Dance @ Wake Forest
Please be our guest…come for a visit and let us show you around, get to know you, answer your questions and introduce you to our faculty, staff, and students.
A typical visit might include
- An information session and campus tour with Admissions.
- An admissions interview if you have completed your junior year and visit between June 1st and January 10th.
- A chance to visit a theatre or dance class
- An opportunity to sit in on a rehearsal
- Join us at our weekly all-theatre meeting Mondays at 4pm in the Ring Theatre
- A tour of our theatres, studios, dedicated design lab and shops
- Admission for you and your family to a production
- A chance to spend time with a theatre or dance student and get answers to your questions about Wake Forest
- A chance to talk one on one with faculty about your specific interests.
How to plan a visit
- If possible, plan to visit when you can see a performance
- Contact Admissions to reserve a space in an admissions information session and campus tour
- Schedule an admissions interview
- Contact the department to discuss specific details about your visit
- Our scenic and costume studios work Monday – Friday afternoons.
- Rehearsals are in the evenings Monday – Friday with an additional weekend rehearsal TBA.
- Student productions (Studio Series) are Mondays and Tuesdays at 7:30 and Wednesdays at 4:30
- Mainstage productions are Friday-Saturday then the following Wednesday – Saturday at 7:30 with a Sunday matinee at 2:00 pm
- In general, performance and technique classes meet on Tuesday/Thursday, and other dance and theatre classes more often meet on Monday/Wednesday/Friday (see below)
Voice & Movement
Design & Production for Dance
Intro to Design & Production
Theatrical Scene Design
History of Western Theatre
History of Ballet & Modern Dance
Theatre in Education
Movement and the Molecular
Theatre and Dance Events 2014-2015
September 4: New Faces Audition Workshop
September 19-21, 25-28: These Shining Lives by Melanie Marnich, directed by Cindy Gendrich
October 9-11: AAP Presents This Is Our Youth by Kenneth Lonergan
October 31-November 2, 6-9: Clybourne Park by Bruce Norris, directed by Sharon Andrews
November 20-23: Fall Dance Concert choreographed by Faculty and Guest Artists
February 6-8, 12-15: Waiting For Godot by Samuel Beckett, directed by Brook Davis
February 16-18: Studio Series I
March 23-25: Studio Series II
April 3-5, 9-12: Love’s Labour’s Lost by William Shakespeare, directed by John E. R. Friedenberg
April 16-18: Laughtracks, sketch comedy show
April 23-26: Spring Dance Concert choreographed by Students
Schedule an info session or tour:
Interviews for rising and current seniors are offered June 1 – January 10.
Appointments are limited and must be scheduled in advance .
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Schedule a department visit:
Department of Theatre & Dance
Richard Williams, Staff Assistant