An Invitation from Theatre & Dance @ Wake Forest
Please be our guest…come for a visit and let us show you around, get to know you, answer your questions and introduce you to our faculty, staff, and students.
A typical visit might include
- An information session and campus tour with Admissions.
- An admissions interview if you have completed your junior year and visit between June 1st and January 15th.
- A chance to visit a theatre or dance class
- An opportunity to sit in on a rehearsal
- Join us at our weekly all-theatre meeting Mondays at 4pm in the Ring Theatre
- A tour of our theatres, studios, dedicated computer lab and shops
- Admission for you and your family to a production
- A chance to spend time with a theatre or dance student and get answers to your questions about Wake Forest
- A chance to talk one on one with faculty about your specific interests.
How to plan a visit
- If possible, plan to visit when you can see a performance
- Contact Admissions to reserve a space in an admissions information session and campus tour
- Schedule an admissions interview
- Contact the department to discuss specific details about your visit
- Our scenic and costume studios work Monday – Friday afternoons.
- Rehearsals are in the evenings Monday – Friday with an additional weekend rehearsal TBA.
- Student productions (Studio Series) are Mondays and Tuesdays at 7:30 and Wednesdays at 4:30
- Mainstage productions are Friday-Saturday then the following Wednesday – Saturday at 7:30 with a Sunday matinee at 2:00 pm
- In general, performance and technique classes meet on Tuesday/Thursday, and other dance and theatre classes more often meet on Monday/Wednesday/Friday (see below)
Voice & Movement
Design & Production for Dance
Intro to Design & Production
Theatrical Scene Design
History of Western Theatre
History of Ballet & Modern Dance
Theatre in Education
Movement and the Molecular
Theatre and Dance Events 2012-2013
August 30: New Faces Audition Workshop
September 28 – October 7: Marisol by Jose Rivera, directed by Cindy Gendrich
November 2 – November 11: As You Like It by William Shakespeare, directed by Sharon Andrews
November 15- November 17: AAP Presents Steel Magnolias,by Robert Harling, directed by Dean Guerra
November 29 – December 2: Fall Dance Concert choreographed by Faculty and Guest Artists
February 1 – February 10: VOX, a devised work, directed by Tim Miller
February 25- February 27: Studio Series I – Dog Sees God: Confessions of a Teenage Blockhead by Bert V. Royal, directed by Dean Guerra; and A Game, by Dennis E. Noble, directed by Mara McCaffray
March 25 – March 27: Studio Series II – The Lesson, by Eugene Ionesco, directed by Andy Belt; and A Dollar, by David Pinski, directed by Mandy Emma
April 5 – April 14: Noises Off by Michael Frayn, directed by John Friedenberg
April 25- April 28: Spring Dance Concert choreographed by Students
Schedule a department visit:
Department of Theatre & Dance
Richard Williams, Staff Assistant
Schedule an info session or tour:
Interviews for rising and current seniors are offered June 1 – January 15. Appointments are limited and must be scheduled in advance .
Office of Undergraduate Admissions