Dr. Kristina Gupta
WGS Assistant Professor
Office: Tribble A115
Ph.D., Emory University, Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies, August 2013
M.A., Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, Women’s and Gender Studies, January 2007
B.A., Georgetown University, History and Women’s Studies, May 2005
WGS 221: Introduction to Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
WGS 321: Gender and the Politics of Health
WGS 321: Sexual Politics in the U.S.
WGS 377: Men, Masculinity, and Power
Sexuality Studies (focus on Asexual Identities)
Feminist Studies of Science and Medicine
- 2015. Compulsory Sexuality: Evaluating an Emerging Concept. Signs: The Journal of Women in Culture and Society. 41(1): 131-154.
- 2014. Asexuality and Disability: Mutual Negation in Adams v. Rice and New Directions for Coalition Building. Asexualities: Feminist and Queer Perspectives. Karli June Cerankowski and Megan Milks (editors). Routledge.
- Gupta, Kristina and Thea Cacchioni. 2013. Sexual Improvement as if Your Health Depends on It: An Analysis of Contemporary Sex Manuals. Feminism & Psychology. 23(4): 442-458.
- 2013. Happy Asexual Meets DSM. Social Text Online (October 24), Accessed 10/27/2013.
- 2013. Picturing Space for Lesbian Nonsexualities: Rethinking Sex-Normative Commitments through The Kids Are All Right (2010). The Journal of Lesbian Studies. 17(1): 103-118.
- 2012. Protecting Sexual Diversity: Rethinking the Use of Neurotechnological Interventions to Alter Sexuality. The American Journal of Bioethics (AJOB) Neuroscience. 3(3): 24-28.
- 2011. “Screw Health”: Representations of Sex as a Health-Promoting Activity in Medical and Popular Literature. Journal of Medical Humanities. 32(2): 127-140.