Today we are going to introduce you to WordPress here at Wake Forest University and show you some of the basics of creating and editing content in your WordPress site.
- You are a WFU faculty or staff member who is (or will be) working on a WFU WordPress site that has been created for you.
- You need to make basic changes to the content of your site, NOT the design, layout or functionality.
For today’s class
You have been set up as an Editor in this site (WordPress Training).
You will have access to all the basics of creating, editing and publishing content to this site during the class. To make room for new participants, you will be removed from the site the day after the class.
What we’ll cover today
In today’s class, the facilitator(s) will
- Provide an overview of WordPress terminology and concepts
- Show you how to log into a WordPress site and provide an overview of the WordPress Admin Panel
- Help you create a page, edit a page, format text, manipulate images and files, and create links in WordPress
- Answer your questions and talk about what else you’d like to learn about WordPress
Class Learning Objectives
- Become familiar with some basic WordPress terminology
- Get logged into the WordPress site and become familiar with the parts of the WordPress Admin Panel
- Be able to create a new page in WordPress with some basic formatting and information: Creating a New Page
- Be able to edit an existing WordPress page: Edit an Existing Page
The WP-beginners-handout in pdf format.
(You can always right click the link to save the file to your hard drive)