The Writing Center schedules appointments through a program called WCOnline. WCOnline is a web-based application that allows you to schedule your writing tutoring session online. Once you have registered and logged in, you will be able to view a schedule of available appointment times and tutors. Please read the Center’s policies before scheduling your first appointment. For general questions about the Writing Center, check out the FAQ for Students.
- Go to WCOnline.
- If this is your first time on WCOnline, click on the link “Click Here to Register.”
- You must fill out all fields marked with asterisks to continue.
- Once all fields on the form have been entered, click on “Register.” To schedule an appointment, return to the WCOnline main page and log in.
Note: You will need to re-register at the start of every academic year.
To Schedule an Appointment:
- Please read the Center’s policies before scheduling your appointment.
- Go to WCOnline.
- After you login, you will see a view of the Writing Center’s schedule for the current week. The tutors available during a given time slot on each day will have white schedule blocks in the rows beside their names.
- Once you know the day, time, and tutor you would like, click on the appropriate white block of time. The “New Reservation” window will now appear.
- Please fill out all of the applicable fields.
Important: Appointments are scheduled on the hour only and are set to default to 60 minute sessions. In practice, however, the standard Writing Center session is 50 minutes long.
- Click “Save Appointment” to make your appointment.
Please note: you will receive an automated email reminder of your appointment and you may log back into WCOnline to change or cancel your appointment at any time up to five minutes before the start of your session. If you need to cancel an appointment later than that, please call the Writing Center desk at x5768.
If you have any difficulties scheduling an appointment on your own, please call x5768 to speak to a Writing Center staff member for assistance.