Who is the Wake Forest College Board of Visitors?
The Wake Forest College Board of Visitors is the volunteer advisory board to Wake Forest College, the liberal arts college of Wake Forest University. The responsibilities of its members are to provide advice to the Dean of Wake Forest College, advocate for the College and the University, make contacts for the College, and support the College (college.wfu.edu).
Wake Forest College Vision Statement
Wake Forest College aspires to be a vital and engaging community of learning that:
- Combines the pedagogical intimacy of a liberal arts college with the academic vitality of an internationally recognized research institution;
- Emphasizes exceptional teaching, discovery, and student/faculty engagement within a dynamic academic community;
- Fosters the discussion of ideas and issues, modes of expression, and artistic and cultural exchange;
- Attracts a diverse community of the brightest scholars and students from throughout the country and the world;
- Encourages international education and experiences for its students and faculty;
- Links intellectual curiosity with philosophical reflection, ethical deliberation, and a commitment to service
College Board of Visitors Mission Statement
The mission of the Board of Visitors of Wake Forest College is the continuance of identification and development of new volunteer leadership. The primary focus will be on strategic issues and will involve acquiring information, advising, providing contacts and advocating for the University.