This award honors a Wake Forest College Teaching Professional faculty member at any level of their career. The award was established in 2020 by the Dean of the College from an anonymous gift. The recipient is announced at the College Faculty Meeting in May.
Nomination guidelines:Wake Forest College Teaching Professionals who hold the rank of Assistant, Associate, Full Teaching Professor, or Professor of the Practice are eligible.
Nominations for the award are submitted by chairs and program directors. Chairs should consult the senior faculty in their departments about nominations.
Nominations are limited to one nominee per department per year.
In one document with clear delineations, nominations should include:
- A letter written or endorsed by the chair or the program director (maximum 3 pages).
- Nominee’s CV.
- A brief description of how teaching is evaluated in the department.
- Evidence that peer or chair evaluation of teaching materials (syllabi, assignment or project guides, quizzes, exams, etc.) confirms that course requirements (student learning outcomes, assessment) are suitably rigorous.
- Evidence of professional development undertaken by the nominee to advance their teaching.
- Excerpted narrative/qualitative data from student evaluations of teaching (SETs). Include excerpts from the last two semesters and no more than 2 pages.
- Quantitative SET summaries from the last two semesters.
Nominations should be submitted to Sarah Frederick, firstname.lastname@example.org, in the Office of the Dean of the College.
A committee composed of all previous award winners and representatives from the Office of the Dean of the College reviews nominations and makes a selection.
The 2023 winner of the Teaching Professionals Award for the Excellence in Teaching
Dr. Angela King
Chemistry Coordinator and Teaching Professor
The 2023-2024 award’s nomination deadline is Wednesday, October 18, 2023.
Teaching Professionals Award for Excellence in Teaching
|2021-2022||Nicole Dalzell||Mathematics & Statistics|